To illustrate the flexibility of PPT2HTML, we've converted a single PowerPoint presentation to several very different HTML-based presentations by using different templates. Every one of these conversions is straight out of PPT2HTML and direct to the web. We haven't edited a single byte of the HTML.
The image sizes are set a bit large, so you may want to make your browser window fairly big. For your own conversions, PPT2HTML lets you specify image size in several ways, of course.
- A basic template (called BASIC.HTM in fact) that creates a simple HTML presentation that lets your PowerPoint slides be "the star". It doesn't include any fancy effects, but gives you a pretty good idea what you can do "right out of the box" with PPT2HTML.
- The Basic template translates all the navigation buttons in the original PowerPoint presentation into clickable navigation links in the HTML version of the presentation, but what if the person who created the presentation didn't include any navigation features? Easy! The template can supply any navigation features you need. Here's our sample presentation converted to HTML using the BasicWithButtons template We removed all the navigation buttons from the PowerPoint presentation and added them back using the template itself.
- A text-only version of the presentation that's accessible to viewers who use screen readers or other assistive devices to browse the web (people with vision disabilities, for example)
- You can rightclick here and choose Save target As to save PPT2HTMLDEMO.PPT to your hard drive. It's under 100kb in size.
- A diagnostic template that demonstrates all of PPT2HTML's capabilities. PPT2HTML generates diagnostic templates automatically for you.
PPT2HTML includes the templates we used to create these demo conversions. You can use them as-is, edit them to suit your own needs or toss them out and create your own from scratch using nearly any HTML or plain text editor.
These samples only touch on a few of the things you can do with PPT2HTML. It'd take dozens of different demos to show you all of its capabilities.[Previous] [Home] [Next]