Buy Protect! Where and how much?
Thank you! We're delighted that you value Protect as a useful addition to your PowerPoint toolkit.
Before you purchase Protect, PLEASE install the free demo and test to make sure that it meets your needs.
You can download the Protect demo here. Or click the Download link to your left to go our Downloads page, where you'll find links to download Protect and our other PPTools add-ins.
- We provide a fully functional demonstration version of Protect so that you can completely test it at no charge. The features and functionality of the demo version are identical to the registered version, but some demo limitations apply.
- We're happy to answer any technical support questions you may have while testing (use the Contact Us link on the left).
- Because we make a fully functional demo version available and offer pre-purchase technical support, allowing you to test completely before you purchase, we reserve the right to refuse requests for refunds.
You can visit our secure online purchasing page directly from within PowerPoint. Click the Help (?-button) icon on the Protect toolbar then click Purchase Protect.
Protect costs US$29.95. You can choose other currencies when you place your order online. Quantity discounts are available. See below for more information.
A company called Share-It handles our online sales via their secure web site. Share-It is a subsidiary of Element5 and Digital River. When you pay by credit card or PayPal, the charge will appear with one of those names rather than PPTools or Protect. ShareIt accepts major credit cards and also PayPal, checks, wire transfers or purchase orders.
When the transaction is complete, you'll receive an email containing a registration "key" (a user name and a registration number) for Protect. Usually this only takes a few minutes but may take as long as 12 hours; please be patient.NOTE: ShareIt will not accept credit card orders from customers who use free email accounts (or, unfortunately, paid accounts that have the same domain name -- e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org -- as free email accounts). If you have this type of account, please contact us directly at the email link below; we'll be happy to handle the transaction ourselves.
You will not receive a disk, CD, DVD or other physical product, just an email containing your registration key which you'll use to "unlock" the Protect demo. Online purchasing is the quickest, simplest way to receive Protect but if you must receive a physical product or cannot make online purchases, use the Contact link on your left to get in touch with us and explain the situation. We'll work with you.
Here's how to use the registration key to unlock the demo:
- Start PowerPoint if it's not already running.
- In PowerPoint 2003 or previous:Click "PPTools" on the PowerPoint main menu bar, then click Protect.
In PowerPoint 2007 or later: Click "Add-Ins" on the ribbon then click "PPTools" in the Menu Commands area of the Add-Ins tab, then click Protect
- On the flyout menu that appears to the right of Protect, click Help (the ? icon) to see the Protect Help dialog box:
- Click "Register Protect".
- That brings up the "Registration information for Protect" dialog box, which looks like this:
- Enter your user name and registration number exactly as you received them in the email from Share-It (hint: copy and paste works best) then click OK.
- Shut down and restart PowerPoint if requested to. Protect is now registered.
- The next time you click Help, you'll see your name on the Help dialog box instead of the "DEMO" information that was there before, and the "Purchase Protect" button will now be grayed out.
In Case You Need Help ...If you need help installing, testing or purchasing Protect, please use the Contact link on your left to get in touch with us.
Volume / Multiple User Licensing
Multi-user licenses are available at very attractive per-user prices. To learn more, see the Protect order form at Share-It where you'll find a link that lists multi-user pricing. You can simply close the browser window if you don't want to place an order right away.
Your online purchase will be handled by Share-It. The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as a charge from Digital River, www.shareitinfo.com or ShareIt!, Koeln getinfo.shareit.com
If you see a charge from one of those names on your credit card statement, it isn't necessarily for our software. Share-It represents thousands of different software vendors. If you need to know more about the charge please visit the Share-It Info Page.[Previous] [Home] [Next]