How to create a Diagnostic Report
In order to diagnose and solve problems, we may ask you to create a Diagnostic Report and email it to us along with a description of the problem you're having.
Here's how to create the Diagnostic Report:
Here's a summary of the steps in the video:
- Start PowerPoint.
- From the menu bar, choose PPTools, MasterBar, Help. The Help dialog box appears.
- If there's a checkbox marked "Enable verbose logging" put a check next to it then close the Help dialog box.
- Restart PowerPoint and repeat whatever you were doing when you noticed the problem before.
- Once you've provoked the problem, open the Help dialog box as before.
- Click the DIAGNOSTICS button.
- PPTools generates a file called DIAGS.TXT in your PPTools folder and then opens it in Notepad so you can examine it.
- View the contents of the file if you like, then close it.
- Attach the file DIAGS.TXT to an email and send it to us.
The first few lines of the Diagnostics Report include the path to the DIAGS.TXT file that contains the report, and also the email address to send the report to.[Previous] [Home] [Next]